copyright © 2006 Jeff Goode
Party Lines 1.0
by Jeff Goode
copyright © 2006
Lights up on: People mingling at a party.
One Mingler is having trouble finding a place to fit in, wanders from conversation to conversation, overhearing snippets of conversations:
- Why do they call em the Framers of the Constitution. What does the Constitution have to hide?
- Nobody told me there was gonna be monsters!!
- Im not gay, but if I was, Id want someone like you to do my nails.
- How do you spell "preternatural".
- You dont. Its not a word.
- You know what I hate? Self-loathing.
- If Im so high maintenance, how come Im the only one that fixes things.
- Its not that I dont love you, but
I have a dog.
- Have you ever owned a Jaguar?
- The cat, or the car?
- Is there something wrong with me that I dont know about? Besides the obvious?
- Man, if I had a tank o gas for everytime I heard that
I could really go places.
Finally, the Lone Mingler finds someone to talk to, and declares:
- I don't see suicide bombers. I see people with the freedom to go out and buy guns and bombs and blow themselves up on a street corner that never could have done that under Saddam.
THIS SCRIPT IS COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL AND MAY NOT BE DOWNLOADED, TRANSMITTED, PRINTED OR PERFORMED WITHOUT THE EXPRESS PERMISSION OF THE AUTHOR
- May 5, 2006 - No Shame Los Angeles
Performed by Thomas Brader, David Lawrence, Charisse Savarin, Joanne Casey, Megan Frances, Bryan Allen, Shelby Lee Jenkins,
and Rob White as the Lone Mingler
[Jeff Goode's website]