Date: May 9, 2002
The board fell a little behind this year in organizing to give away scholarships, but rest assured there will be moneys awarded. Usually two $500 scholarships are awarded, although both the amount of the awards and the number of recipients may vary depending on the applicant pool and what funds are available. Here are the requirements for application:
- Applicants must be enrolled at a college or university for the 2002-2003 school year.
- Applicants must have written for No Shame sometime during (either of) the past two semesters.
- Applicants must submit a ten-page writing sample of their work and a one-page cover letter explaining why they are deserving of a scholarship. It is not required that the writing sample include work that has been performed at No Shame previously, or work that is intended to be performed at No Shame at all. Excerpts from plays, poetry, prose, love notes, any kind or writing is fine.
- It is not required, but applicants may choose to send a copy of their grade report with their application. Official transcripts aren't necessary.
- Submit applications by paper mail to:
590 Foster Road, Apt. #B6
Iowa City, IA 52245
or by email attachment (MS Word please) to:
- The application deadline is June 1, 2002. If this poses a problem for anyone, let us know.
The No Shame Board
Aprille Clark firstname.lastname@example.org
Aaron Galbraith aaronRgalbraith@hotmail.com
Jamal River email@example.com
Paul Rust firstname.lastname@example.org
Chris Stangl email@example.com
Date: May 22, 2002
A small clarification from before: the ten page writing sample can be (and is preferred to be) a collection of writings, rather than one single piece. For the rest of the details, see the previous post, subject: Scholarships. Any questions can be directed to aaronRgalbraith@hotmail.com.
The No Shame Board